“WHAT DEFENCE IN THIS FURY CAN BEAUTY OFFER? IT IS AS WEAK AS THE FLOWER”
Our scope of work & how we function
• Call for project proposals, open to cooperatives, small businesses, non-profit organizations and municipalities in Lebanon.
• Provision of funding, advice and support to grant recipients following a rigorous selection process.
• Direct provision of equipment and trainings to local groups to help them start or expand a business.
• A focus on economic development in order to improve the standard of living of individuals and their families and by that, the local socio-economic fabric.
• The association is initially financed by the own funds of its founding members. Apart from small structural costs incurred by the local team, all donations received will be used for the realization of projects, which will in turn contribute to the improvement of the Lebanese civil society.
AREAS OF INTERVENTION
• Artistic & Cultural Awakening
• Women Empowerment
• Agriculture & Food
• Environment Friendly Application
• Plants, Cosmetics & Natural Medicine
Lebanon is famous for its herbal medicine (sage, thyme, rosemary, lavender etc) as well as for its “home-made” soaps (olive oil, laurel oil…). By reviving the spirit of plants, lifestyle and health could be improved on a national scale, but also worldwide as many initiatives using natural products & plants are supported all around the world. Alissar will fund projects using local know-how & creating new or existing natural products, based on Lebanese natural plants & resources.
• Water & Irrigation
• New Energies
• Advanced IT Applications
• Access for Information & Communication Technologies