“WHAT DEFENCE IN THIS FURY CAN BEAUTY OFFER? IT IS AS WEAK AS THE FLOWER”
Our scope of work & how we function
• Call for project proposals, open to cooperatives, small businesses, non-profit organizations and municipalities in Lebanon.
• Provision of funding, advice and support to grant recipients following a rigorous selection process.
• Direct provision of equipment and trainings to local groups to help them start or expand a business.
• A focus on economic development in order to improve the standard of living of individuals and their families and by that, the local socio-economic fabric.
• The association is initially financed by the own funds of its founding members. Apart from small structural costs incurred by the local team, all donations received will be used for the realization of projects, which will in turn contribute to the improvement of the Lebanese civil society.
AREAS OF INTERVENTION
• Artistic & Cultural Awakening
• Women Empowerment
• Agriculture & Food
• Environment Friendly Application
• Plants, Cosmetics & Natural Medicine
• Water & Irrigation
• New Energies
• Advanced IT Applications
• Access for Information & Communication Technologies
Digital Inclusion aims to ensure that all individuals and communities have access to and use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs). This includes: 1) affordable, robust broadband internet service; 2) internet-enabled devices that meet the needs of the user; 3) access to digital literacy training; 4) quality technical support; and 5) applications and online content. Digital Inclusion requires intentional strategies and investments to reduce and eliminate historical, institutional and structural barriers to access and use technology.
Alissar will make its best to leverage local talent and the intellectual capital, resources and reach of the Lebanese diaspora, and engage with telecom service providers and financial institutions to:
a. provide broadband coverage to underserved areas
b. deploy rapid networks for disaster recovery
c. increase digital equity, literacy and broadband adoption