“WHAT DEFENCE IN THIS FURY CAN BEAUTY OFFER? IT IS AS WEAK AS THE FLOWER”
Our scope of work & how we function
• Call for project proposals, open to cooperatives, small businesses, non-profit organizations and municipalities in Lebanon.
• Provision of funding, advice and support to grant recipients following a rigorous selection process.
• Direct provision of equipment and trainings to local groups to help them start or expand a business.
• A focus on economic development in order to improve the standard of living of individuals and their families and by that, the local socio-economic fabric.
• The association is initially financed by the own funds of its founding members. Apart from small structural costs incurred by the local team, all donations received will be used for the realization of projects, which will in turn contribute to the improvement of the Lebanese civil society.
AREAS OF INTERVENTION
• Artistic & Cultural Awakening
Art and Culture are two important pillars in the formation of the Lebanese society. Nourishing it will improve people’s mental and physical health, and it will also create a network of local artists who can share their know-how and expand Lebanese Art & Culture to more actors. Alissar will fund cultural projects related to the enrichment of the Lebanese Art and Culture. Projects should be about the Lebanese scene, using Lebanese resources and know-how.
• Women Empowerment
• Agriculture & Food
• Environment Friendly Application
• Plants, Cosmetics & Natural Medicine
• Water & Irrigation
• New Energies
• Advanced IT Applications
• Access for Information & Communication Technologies