“WHAT DEFENCE IN THIS FURY CAN BEAUTY OFFER? IT IS AS WEAK AS THE FLOWER”
Our scope of work & how we function
• Call for project proposals, open to cooperatives, small businesses, non-profit organizations and municipalities in Lebanon.
• Provision of funding, advice and support to grant recipients following a rigorous selection process.
• Direct provision of equipment and trainings to local groups to help them start or expand a business.
• A focus on economic development in order to improve the standard of living of individuals and their families and by that, the local socio-economic fabric.
• The association is initially financed by the own funds of its founding members. Apart from small structural costs incurred by the local team, all donations received will be used for the realization of projects, which will in turn contribute to the improvement of the Lebanese civil society.
AREAS OF INTERVENTION
• Artistic & Cultural Awakening
• Women Empowerment
• Agriculture & Food
It is the third most productive sector in the country and it employs around 4% of the working population. Knowing that it is currently suffering and farmers are not being able to sustain their farms, Alissar will focus on this sector as it presents very important needs.
In the past years, Lebanon has faced difficulties concerning importation of food and resources to satisfy its people’s needs. Now is the time to set new rules. Alissar will fund entrepreneurial projects related to Agriculture (i.e: give funds to renew machines, give funds to expand production…).
It will also focus on local food and beverages production, which have the potential to create a circular economy and create jobs in different sector.
• Environment Friendly Application
• Plants, Cosmetics & Natural Medicine
• Water & Irrigation
• New Energies
• Advanced IT Applications
• Access for Information & Communication Technologies